Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Sugar "Aholic"

McKay loves sugar. Period. Shani claims he is going to be the future poster child for Child Obesity. He never says no to sugar. In fact, ONE BITE of promised ice cream can get him to eat a whole plate of dinner food (we usually give him a few bites worth...). We don't eat candy but we like homemade desserts (and ice cream!). We honestly don't have sugar around that much...except on Sunday's and the occasional batch of cookies I will make up. Oh ya, and how do I get my 27 month old to go poo-poo, aka "yuckies" in the toilet? He gets about 10 chocolate chips. Ya, he loves him some chocolate and they are obviously a good motivator because he has been doing pretty well at going #2 in the toilet as of late.
On a side note, McKay loves to be on the counter and help me cook. He wants to pour ingredients in, hold the beaters, help crack the eggs. I try to be good when I'm not in a huge hurry and let him help whenever he wants to. Along with helping, he likes to "taste" every little ingredient I use. He used to be relentless is asking for "bites" and I would turn around and his hands would be in whatever it was I was making. So now I let him try everything he asks to try. That includes: salt, baking soda/powder, the sugars, flour, spices, buttermilk, Crisco, butter, and cooked meats. He has tried some nasty stuff but I figure it is a good way to help him learn. He is starting to learn what is "mmm, nummy!" and what is "yucky!"
 I made chocolate chip cookies the other day (a definite NUMMY!) and I thought he was going to EAT the beater. He didn't stop until all the dough was off. Pretty funny.


No comments: