Thursday, June 30, 2011

Just a Night on the Lake

Gary and I have been dreaming about this night...in well, over 2 years! One of our most favorite things to do is to be on the lake. Being pregnant last summer, we missed out so it had been a LONG, long time since we had been. Thanks Curtie for sharing your boat with us. We were rejuvenated even after a few hours!

McKay gives the best kisses!

Just loving being on the boat. Don't let this fool you though. He was mad half of the time because he hated that darn life jacket.
Just chillin and watching daddy do his stuff.
Yep, hated that life jacket from the second I put it on until the second I took it off
"Mom, this looks easy!"
I was nervous after 2 years of not going and being about 15 pounds heavier. But, I got right up and even though I can work on my form, it felt SO GOOD being out there!
Gary showing off his skills on the wake surf
Loving him some good water
First time in the lake. Making a "warm" spot for himself. :)

I'm not sure I remember how to do this...

Gary getting some good air

3 comments:

Jessica said...

aw that looks soooooooo fun!!! poor mckay in that life jacket...tha's life right? they have they greeeattt ones at walmart inthe camping section with all the other life vests that ARE coast gaurd approved, my kids LOVE them...they have the "floatie" on each arm and there is a chest peice floaty thing attached to both arms with just a buckle in back...they are NOT inflatable and it forces children to their back therefor coast guard approved, might want to try em?

Laura said...

Your comments on my blog always make me laugh! Thanks for making me feel good :) I think it's cool how similar we are in a lot of ways...a lot of the same interests/talents/career/competitiveness ;) Looking gooood on that ski! Not too many girls out there who can throw out a nice rooster!

The Giffs said...

Oh that makes me jealous! How fun! I don't even want to admit to how long it's been since I've been out on the lake. I'd love to go again. You guys look great!